To attend school as an officially enrolled student a child must be 5 years of age or older. Children may be enrolled on their birthday or earlier. At enrolment, it is advisable for the child to be accompanied by a parent/caregiver. This enables the parent/caregiver to meet the child’s teacher and have a look at the room in which the child will be taught and some of the amenities provided by the school.

On enroling you will receive an enrolment/information privacy/permission form, asthma action plan (if applicable), school transport application assistance forms (if applicable).

If your child is turning 5 years old you will also receive “Your Child is Beginning School” booklet - if you haven’t yet received one please remind the person in the office!

At enrolment the following are Ministry of Education requirements and must be provided

1) Birth Certificate - Regulations state that a birth certificate must be presented to the school to verify date of birth and country of birth. This will be photocopied.

2) Immunisation Certificate - The school requests that an immunisation certificate of all 5 year olds be presented at the time of their enrolment for verification. This certificate will be photocopied.

3) Pre-School Education - if any, type eg playcentre, day care, kohanga reo.

4) Iwi Affiliation - up to 3 iwi can be entered

5) PLEASE NOTE: If there is a custody / non-molestation order please supply information and ‘order’ for photocopying for our records. These will be kept confidential. It is essential that we are informed and kept up to date of the circumstances for the protection of your child/children

School Transport: Application for Assistance Information - Students may be eligible for school transport if:

»» they are under 12 years old and live more than 3.2 km from the school they attend; or

»» they do not have access to public passenger service transport.

There are two sections to the form:- Section A - parent to complete and return form to school for Section B to be completed by the Principal and School Transport service agent. This will then be sent off to Multiserve (a department of the Ministry of Education). MultiServe will then get in touch with you letting you know the outcome.

Click the link to download an Enrolment Form